Sunday, November 8, 2009

It's been a while

Its been quite some time since i've truly felt inspired to write anything but that doesnt mean i've havent been doing anything noteworthy. I started regular pioneer service this September, a major, life changing decision which i'm very proud of and for which i thank my AMAZING sister/bff Misty Rose Saskill, for being my inspiration =). My first month went really well thanks to the good association of my Cali girls. They all know how to hang tough.
I also went back to ATL to visit La Familia bc it had been a few months since i'd seen them and as much as i hate to admit it, i was quite homesick and missing them as well as all the friends back home. The highlights from that trip were def the family time and good parties but particularly our (me & my friends) attempt at a 24-hour service day, that was more like a 15 hour day due to an extremely long "nap", lol. Still it was nice to explore different forms of ministry and to be able to do it with ppl i love so much. Also, i love to be able to encourage my friends to explore their full potential. Sometimes we dont know the extent of what we're capable of doing until someone is able to bring that out of us, not by guilting us into doing it, but by helping us to see the joy we can get from it. Dear friends have done that for me, so i feel its my duty to share the same with my friends who i love n care for so dearly. Mae, Jasmine, Luci, Girardo, Monique, Rachael, you made it a night to remember and for that i that i am thankful.
I ended up getting a car while i was in ATL and i drove it back to cali, not solo but with my Pops. He's also a soldier who will do just about anything for his little girl, =). It was a really amazing drive and just being able to see the vast variation of the landscapes truly makes you appreciate the work that our Creator has done on this planet we call home. Most of you know, i 'm not one to typically bond with nature, but i was definitely loving what i saw. Even the crazy gale force winds in Arizona were cool bc once again we see just an ounce of the power that Jehovah wields and we have no business trying to mess with that, lol!
Now i'm back in cali with wheels and even more motivated than ever to preach the good news and also build tighter relationships with my brothers and sisters out on the left coast. We've had so many studies in the WT and Remain in God's Love about being encouraging and kind to one another and i can only aspire to live up to all that. So we'll see what happens. CIAO!

Here are some pix from the cross country trip. We drove thru Tennessee, Arkansas, Oklahoma, Texas, New Mexico, and Arizona:
http://s343.photobucket.com/albums/o474/stay_c1222/Road%20Tripping/

1 comment:

  1. awwww! Im so Jelly! u get all the good experiences, and I get the ppl who tell me 'I NO speaka Spainish, so LEAVE!!!!!!" ........... (in a spanish accent) LMBO!

    ReplyDelete